Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff: With the 2021-22 academic year officially behind us, I want to again express my gratitude for the cooperation and flexibility of our students, faculty and staff, who committed to the public health safeguards necessary…
Coronavirus Update: Free Bus Tickets Available for Students; Buses Depart Beginning at Noon Today
Dear Members of the Syracuse University Community:
Yesterday, Amanda Nicholson, interim deputy senior vice president for enrollment and the student experience, shared a communication with students and parents concerning steps the University is taking to help students still residing on campus depart for home quickly and safely. One of those steps is to organize no-cost bus service to transport students from Syracuse University to major cities including New York; Philadelphia; Boston; Rockaway, New Jersey; and Washington, D.C.
I write with urgency this morning to encourage those of you currently residing in University housing who are in a position to take advantage of this resource to please do so. Here’s what you need to know:
- Free bus tickets will be available to students for major cities such as New York; Philadelphia; Boston; Rockaway, New Jersey; and Washington, D.C.
- The first buses will depart campus at noon today (Tuesday, March 17).
- Consistent with best social distancing practices, buses are limited in capacity.
- To reserve bus tickets, go to the online Box Office. The bus tickets are available to reserve right now.
- If you are going to take one of these buses, please take all of your belongings (or as much as you can) with you on the bus.
If you have additional questions, please call the information line at 315.443.8472.
J. Michael Haynie
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation