Vincente Cuevas is a health promotions coordinator at the Barnes Center at The Arch. Blaine Moore works for the 274th Air Support Operations Squadron at Hancock Airport. And Mary Welker works in the Office of Professional Research and Development in…
Additional Guidance for Faculty and Staff—COVID-19
Dear Faculty and Staff:
Syracuse University continues to closely monitor and evaluate health advisories and guidance from federal, state and local public health officials related to the COVID-19 health emergency. Accordingly, given new and updated guidance, we write today to communicate important information for faculty and staff. Specifically:
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, and through to March 30, only essential faculty and staff should report to our Syracuse, New York, campus.
- Supervisors within the schools, colleges and units will determine essential personnel and advise employees of that determination.
- All faculty and staff who are not required to report to campus will coordinate remote work arrangement with their immediate supervisor.
- Supervisors will register remote work arrangement through the existing online system, previously detailed by the Office of Human Resources. If staff have already made arrangements and received approval from their supervisor, those arrangements remain in effect and should be registered in the system.
- Faculty and staff working in our centers in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles should expect direction from your supervisor related to reporting procedures.
Importantly, we take these steps to reduce the density of employees on campus, consistent with social distancing best practices positioned to mitigate the potential of COVID-19 exposure. The University otherwise remains open, and we will continue to provide necessary services to support our students, faculty and our academic mission.
Thank you to all of you for your ongoing efforts to ensure the well-being of our campus community.
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer