Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems has awarded grants to four New York State companies through its Innovation Fund. Since 2014, the SyracuseCoE Innovation Fund has helped companies overcome barriers to the commercialization of potentially transformative products…
Faculty Members Selected for Provost’s Advisory Committee on Promotion and Tenure
Eleven faculty members have been elected to serve on the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Promotion and Tenure. The committee works in an advisory capacity to the provost to assist in promoting the highest academic standards and ensure consistency across the promotion and tenure processes.
Interim Vice Chancellor and Provost Zhanjiang (John) Liu will serve as chair, and Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs LaVonda N. Reed will serve as convener. Interim Vice President for Research Ramesh Raina will also serve.
Elisa Dekaney, professor of music education and associate dean for research, graduate studies and internationalization in the College of Visual and Performing Arts, will continue on the committee for the second year of a two-year term.
The following professors have been elected:
- Melissa Chessher, Newhouse School
- Christian Day, College of Law
- Marcelle Haddix, School of Education
- William Horrace, Maxwell School
- Can Isik, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Maria Minniti, Whitman School
- Nancy Mudrick, Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- Scott Pitnick, College of Arts and Sciences (Sciences)
- Franciso Sanin, School of Architecture
- Silvio Torres-Saillant, College of Arts and Sciences (Humanities)
- Ping Zhang, School of Information Studies
Professor Torres-Saillant is completing the second year of a two-year term begun by University Professor Dympna Callaghan in the 2018-19 academic year. Committee members are charged with providing the interim provost with a broad range of perspectives. They are expected to serve as Universitywide faculty representatives rather than as representatives of a specific discipline, department, school or college.
Members of the committee will serve staggered two-year terms and are not be eligible to serve two terms consecutively.