The next “ADA Live!” podcast on Wednesday, March 3, will feature Curt Decker, founder and executive director of the National Disability Rights Network (NDRN). Decker will discuss the history of the Protection and Advocacy (P&A) System, some important legislation they…
Deadline for Joining Campus Engagement Committees Is Tuesday
The deadline for students, faculty and staff to sign up for the Campus Engagement Committees is Tuesday, Jan. 28. Members of the committees will provide input, constructive feedback and insight into the implementation of the recommendations provided by multiple groups of students in the fall semester to create an inclusive, equitable, safe and welcoming campus community for all.
Those interested in participating on the nine committees may use the online registration form. To date, more than 400 campus community members have already signed up.
The committees and the leads for each are:
- Communications—Sarah Scalese, senior associate vice president for communications
- Curriculum—Chris Johnson, associate provost for academic affairs
- Food Services and Dining—Jen Uryniak, interim director of Auxiliary Services
- Health and Wellness—Cory Wallack, executive director of student health and wellness, Barnes Center at The Arch
- Housing/Residential Experience—Terra Peckskamp, senior director of student living
- Multicultural Facilities, Programs and Services—Keith A. Alford, chief diversity and inclusion officer, and Pete Sala, vice president and chief facilities officer
- Policies—Marianne Huger Thomson, associate vice president and dean of students
- Safety and Security—Bobby Maldonado, chief, Department of Public Safety
- Student Engagement Opportunities—Rob Hradsky, vice president for the student experience
The leads for each committee will be in contact with committee members in the next week.