In his remarks to the University Senate Meeting, held virtually, Chancellor Kent Syverud addressed the University’s COVID response, plans for the Spring Semester and progress on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. He also provided updates on enrollment, the University budget and…
Libraries Adds New Resources
Syracuse University Libraries has added the following new databases to its collections, which can be accessed using your Net ID and password at library.syr.edu.
- ForeignAffairs.com – Features articles and current news covering the political, historical and economic impacts of American foreign policy and global affairs; includes the full archive of Foreign Affairs Magazine 1922-present plus additional online-only content.
- Psychotherapy.net – Contains streaming video related to social work, psychotherapy and counseling; videos include counseling sessions and demonstrations, interviews, and other content for training mental health professionals. Browsable by therapeutic approach, issue, expert and population.
- SciFindern – Features articles, patents and white papers describing chemicals, including information on structures, reactions, compounds, drug development and manufacturing. Also includes PatentPak, MethodsNow Synthesis and Retrosynthesis. Users may search by substances by name, CAS Registry Number, or use the editor to draw chemical structures, substructures or reactions. Requires a separate login; see SciFinder Research Guide for more help.
- Tectonica – Find architectural design and construction information, including details about specific architectural projects. Note this resource is only accessible on campus.
- Late Qing and Republican-Era Chinese Newspapers – Includes newspapers from over twenty cities in China published between 1912 and 1949. This resource is the first of six open access global newspaper collections in the East View Global Press Archive. The Syracuse University Libraries provided monetary support for the open access series through a collaborative alliance of the Center for Research Libraries and East View.
New eBook and Journal Packages
- Institute of Civil Engineers 2018 and 2019 ebook packages are active in the ICE Virtual Library
- The full Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) journals archive is active in IEEE Xplore and the IET Digital Library.
- Catalyst: A Journal of Theory and Strategy
- The Hague Journal of Diplomacy
- Journal of Public Finance and Public Choice
- Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports
For more information on collection development or to make suggestions, please email Anne Rauh, interim head of collections and research services.