The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence will offer three professional development programs this coming spring to support faculty seeking to incorporate diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility principles in their course and curriculum design. The series will also help faculty…
Members Set for Chancellor’s Citation Selection Committee; Deadline for Nominations Jan. 24
Members of the 2019-20 selection committee for the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence, which recognizes campus community members who have made invaluable contributions to the University, have been announced. The committee members review nominations in four categories and submit their recommendations to Chancellor Kent Syverud. The deadline for nominations is Friday, Jan. 24, 2020.
The selection committee will be chaired by S.P. Raj, Distinguished Professor of Marketing and chair of the marketing department in the Whitman School.
Other members of the selection committee:
- Keith Alford, chief diversity and inclusion officer and associate professor of social work in the Falk College
- Nathaniel Birnbaum, research and evaluation analyst for the Institute for Veterans and Military Families and public administration graduate student in the Maxwell School
- Elisa Dekaney, professor of music education in the College of Visual and Performing Arts and School of Education
- Huey Hsiao, associate director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs
- John Western, professor emeritus of geography in the Maxwell School
The Chancellor’s Citation honors members of the University community who have helped advance the four pillars Chancellor Syverud has identified to foster excellence at Syracuse University—providing an outstanding undergraduate experience; empowering research excellence; fostering change and innovation; and positioning Syracuse as the best university in the world for veterans.
The four categories of awards are for Faculty Excellence and Scholarly Distinction; Outstanding Contributions to the Student Experience and University Initiatives; Excellence in Student Research; and Lifetime Achievement.
Recipients of the Chancellor’s Citations for Excellence are honored at the One University Awards Ceremony.
For more information about the award and how to submit a nomination, visit the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence website.