The 43rd annual Mountain Goat Run will take place Sunday, Oct. 24. The 10-mile course traverses a large section of the City of Syracuse, including roads on campus and around the University area. Members of the campus community should be…
Understanding Islam Series Begins Oct. 2
Syracuse University Libraries, along with Muslim Student Life and the Muslim Students Association at Hendricks Chapel, will co-host “Understanding Islam,” a seven-week series of lectures and discussions. The series will run on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Oct. 2 through Nov. 13, in the Peter Graham Scholarly Commons, Room 114 of Bird Library.
The program is facilitated by Muslim Chaplain Amir Duric and is free and open to the public. Similar programs were held and well-attended in the fall and spring 2018 and spring 2019 semesters.
The fall 2019 schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 2: Introduction to the basic terms and concepts
- Oct. 9: Contemplation and submission
- Oct. 16: Perfecting moral character
- Oct. 23: Demystifying Jihad
- Oct. 30: An insight into the gender Jihad
- Nov. 6: Muhammad, mercy to the worlds
- Nov. 13: Visiting a Syracuse mosque
To register for one or more of the sessions and to request special accommodations, please RSVP by Oct. 1 to Duric at email@example.com.