Dear Students and Families: As part of our planning for the Fall 2020 semester, the University is adjusting the move-in schedule for our incoming and returning students and their families. To protect the health and safety of all our campus…
Syracuse University Libraries to Host Qualtrics Webinars
Syracuse University Libraries is hosting its annual Qualtrics webinar workshops on Thursdays from 3 to 4 p.m. beginning Oct. 10 and running through Nov. 21. The seven webinar workshops will provide participants with information on using the University’s online survey software. Available to Syracuse University faculty, staff and students, the software enables users to create and distribute complex surveys and analyze responses from a single online platform. The workshops, listed below, will be held online using Blackboard Collaborate; however, users do not need to have Blackboard Collaborate installed on their computer to participate. Participants must register in advance for any of the free workshops they wish to attend via Qualtrics Workshops.
- Introduction to Qualtrics, Oct. 10: Explore the basics of finding your way around in Qualtrics, highlighting some of the more common tasks and options. Learn how to document and back up your survey.
- Basic Question Design, Oct. 17: Examine the many different types of questions available in Qualtrics. Learn how and why to change the default values, labels and variable names, as well as how to do some basic question validation.
- Intermediate Question Design, Oct. 24: Learn how to use skip and display logic to direct what our respondents see, as well as randomizing questions and possible responses.
- Advanced Question Design, Oct. 31: Learn to use “carry forward” to display selected responses in follow-up questions, use “piping” to display data in questions and response text, and create data calculated from two or more questions.
- Survey Flow, Nov. 7: Explore the many uses of “Survey Flow”—randomizing respondents, creating embedded data, customizing the end of your survey and more.
- Distributing Your Survey, Nov. 14: Discuss the various methods of getting your survey to respondents, creating and using contact lists, and, as time permits, asking for contact information in an anonymous survey.
- Reporting and Exporting Your Results, Nov. 21: Learn how to do some basic reporting in Qualtrics, export your data to Excel or SPSS and see how different “anonymize responses” options affect your data.
To request an accommodation, such as closed captioning, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
For additional information on Syracuse University Libraries’ Research Data Services, visit our Research Data Services Guide page.
About Syracuse University Libraries:
Syracuse University Libraries provides expertise, information and tools for students, faculty and staff, alumni and the community. With over 4.6 million volumes of resources accessed by 1.2 million physical visits and 1.3 million online visits annually, the Libraries provides information services, responsive collections, knowledgeable staff, and safe and accessible physical and digital spaces that encourage intellectual exploration. In so doing, the Libraries enable the creation of new knowledge, catalyze scholarly collaboration and cultural exchange, and advance Syracuse University’s teaching, learning and research mission.