It’s officially called the Summer Literacy Clinic, but there’s much more to it than one-on-one reading and tutoring. True, when you enter the library of Roberts PreK-8 School in the Syracuse City School District (SCSD), you see third- and fourth-grade…
Fall Career Week Offers Professional Development Opportunities
Career Week is back starting Wednesday, Sept. 18, and running through Tuesday, Sept. 24. Central Career Services will host Career Fairs, the International Student Programs Week and open applications for Spring 2020 Immersion Trips. The week provides students opportunities for professional development and networking in addition to internship and career placement. Additional highlights include opportunities to speak one-on-one with a variety of industry professionals and experience firsthand some of the world’s leading companies.
15-Minute Drop-in Resume Review Sessions
No appointment is necessary. Throughout the academic year, students are asked to bring hard copies of their resume and/or cover letter to any of the following sessions:
- Wednesdays from 2 to 5 p.m., sessions are hosted in the Slutzker Center for International Services.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1 to 4 p.m., sessions are hosted in Central Career Services.
International Student Programs Week
Highlighted events include an Etiquette Dinner on Tuesday, Sept. 17, from 6 to 8 p.m., followed by Alumni Networking Receptions on Thursday, Sept. 19, and Friday, Sept. 20, both from 6 to 8 p.m. Additional information is available in Handshake, Syracuse University’s career management platform.
From internship to professional placement, a variety of Career Fairs are available throughout the week. Students are encouraged to wear professional attire and bring several resume copies. Additional details are available in Handshake. Students may access Handshake using their NetID and password to find jobs, internships and career development events and to connect with employers.
Upcoming Career Fairs:
- Newhouse Communications Career Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 18, 4 to 7 p.m.
- All Major Career & Internship Fair – Monday, Sept. 23, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Whitman School of Management Career Fair – Monday, Sept. 23, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Veteran & Employer Networking Reception – Monday, Sept. 23, 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- School of Information Studies (iSchool) Career Fair – Tuesday, Sept. 24, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Graduate and Law School Information Fair – Tuesday, Sept. 24, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair – Tuesday, Sept. 24, 3 to 6 p.m.
Every spring, students have the opportunity to attend Immersion Trips to New York City, Washington, D.C., and Boston. For additional information on the trips and the application process, visit Handshake and/or attend an information session.
Immersion Trip schedules:
- New York City – Sunday, Jan. 5 through Thursday, Jan. 8, 2020
- Washington, D.C. – Tuesday, March 10 through Sunday, March 15, 2020
- Boston – May 2020 (Additional trip details will be available later in the semester.)
For additional information, questions or to request accommodations, contact Dan McSweeney, assistant director of employer relations in Central Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315.443.9084.