Jenn M. Jackson is an assistant professor of political science in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and senior research associate in the Campbell Public Affairs Institute. “The United States has long used citizenship status and perceived criminality…
2019 Ash Wednesday Schedule Announced
Ash Wednesday is March 6. Ashes will be distributed at times from 8 a.m. through 7 p.m. at both Hendricks Chapel and at the SU Catholic Center, 110 Walnut Place. The ecumenical service at Hendricks Chapel will be held from noon-12:30 p.m. in the main chapel. The Catholic Chaplaincy also offers “Ashes to Go” for busy students throughout the day.The schedule includes:
- At 8 a.m., ashes will be distributed at the SU Catholic Center, 110 Walnut Place;
- From noon-12:30, an ecumenical service with the distribution of ashes will be held in Hendricks Chapel, in the main chapel;
- From 1-3 p.m., ashes will be distributed at Hendricks Chapel, outside on the steps;
- At 4 p.m., ashes will be distributed in Hendricks Chapel, in the main chapel;
- At 5:30 p.m., ashes will be distributed in Hendricks Chapel, in the main chapel;
- At 7 p.m., ashes will be distributed at the SU Catholic Center, 110 Walnut Pl.
The 1-3 p.m. “Ashes to Go” session on the steps outside Hendricks, will include Bishop DeDe Duncan-Probe of the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York. For more information, contact Hendricks Chapel at 315.443.2901 or the SU Catholic Center at 315.443.2600.