Ransomware attacks have been in the news lately, including an attack over the Fourth of July weekend that impacted up to 1,500 organizations. In this edition of “ITS In-Depth,” we speak with Syracuse University Chief Information Security Officer Chris Croad…
Register Now for Spring Technology Accessibility Training Workshops
Information Technology Services (ITS) is accepting registrations for training workshops that will build faculty and staff awareness of, sensitivity to and proficiency in ensuring the accessibility of information communications and technologies.
The workshops will help participants understand accessibility, put it into practice on the job and support the University’s efforts to ensure accessibility of documents, systems and communications across campus. All sessions will be held in Room 1116, 621 Skytop Road.
- “Evaluating Your Website for Accessibility”
- Thursday, Feb. 7, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20, 9 a.m. to noon
- “Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat DC”
- Monday, Feb. 11, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28, 9 a.m. to noon
- “Accessible Documents: Building Accessibility Into Existing PDFs”
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Friday, April 5, 9 a.m. to noon
- “Video Captioning”
- Thursday, March 7, 9 a.m. to noon
- “Creating and Delivering Accessible PowerPoint Presentations”
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Monday, April 8, 1 to 4 p.m.
- “Creating Accessible Forms”
- Wednesday, March 13, 9 a.m. to noon
- “Accessibility in the Procurement Process”
- By request. Please contact the IT director or support team for your organization, or email accessibleIT@syr.edu to arrange training for your department or unit.
Seating is limited. There is high demand for this training, so registration is on a first-submitted, first-enrolled basis. Use the links below to register.
For more information and assistance, ITS offers a growing variety of resources to ensure accessibility for all members of the University community. Visit the Technology Accessibility web page and check out the Accessible Technology Toolkit. Lynda.syr.edu has Accessibility Training and Tutorials among their online video courses, including how to make sites friendly to screen readers and assistive technology and how to use proper markup and web standards to make sites more accessible and search engine friendly.