The pedestrian pathway next to Gate C of the stadium is temporarily closed beginning today, due to detailing work being performed on the building’s corners. Pedestrians using the stairs from Irving Avenue will be detoured to the north and through…
Chancellor’s Citation Selection Committee Announced; Deadline for Nominations Set
The members of the 2018-19 Chancellor’s Citation Selection Committee have been announced and a deadline for nominations is set. Members of the committee review nominations for the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence and submit their recommendations to Chancellor Kent Syverud.
The committee will be chaired by Shiu-Kai Chin, professor in the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
Other committee members include:
- Keith Alford, associate professor and chair of the Falk College’s School of Social Work and the University’s interim chief diversity officer;
- Kenneth Baynes, Tolley Professor, Department of Philosophy in the College of Arts and Science and Department of Political Science in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs;
- Nate Birnbaum, graduate student in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and research analyst with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families;
- Sandra Hewett, Bishop Professor, Department of Biology in the College of Arts and Sciences;
- Huey Hsiao, associate director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs;
- S.P. Raj, Distinguished Professor of Marketing and chair of the marketing department in the Whitman School of Management;
- Barbara Stripling, professor emerita in the School of Information Studies; and
- Rachel Vassel, assistant vice president for program development.
The Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence recognizes members of the University community who have made invaluable contributions to Syracuse University in two overarching ways: through commitment to scholarship and research that contribute to new understandings of the world and creative responses to its needs; and through advancing the four pillars Chancellor Syverud has identified to foster excellence at Syracuse University—providing an outstanding undergraduate experience; empowering research excellence; fostering change and innovation; and positioning Syracuse as the best university in the world for veterans. More information about the award, the categories of nomination and submission instructions are available online.
The deadline for nominations for the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence is Jan. 25, 2019. The awards will be given at the One University Awards Ceremony in April.