Syracuse University and the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) today announced they have signed a first-of-its-kind agreement, creating an alliance designed to connect institutions, students-athletes, staff and alumni. The 10-year partnership, which is already underway, creates multiple opportunities for collaboration between…
Division of Marketing and Communications Announces Inaugural Student Communications Advisory Committee
The Division of Marketing and Communications today announced the membership of the inaugural Student Communications Advisory Committee, a 16-member group comprising undergraduate, graduate and law students. The committee, the creation of which was announced in the spring, will serve in an advisory capacity and provide counsel to Chief Marketing and Communications Officer Dara Royer as her team works to enhance communications and engagement with current students. The committee will also advise the division on how to best tell the University’s many stories in an authentic and compelling manner that resonates with today’s prospective students.
“I want to thank our committee members for taking on this commitment and for partnering with our team,” Royer says. “We are looking forward to working with our students to enhance how we tell the Syracuse University story—in many ways through their eyes—to our many diverse audiences.”
Juwan Thompson, a graduate student in the Department of Public Relations in the Newhouse School, will chair the inaugural committee. Members are:
- Jenniviv Bansah ’22, College of Visual and Performing Arts;
- Ryan Nicole Blake ’20, College of Arts and Sciences;
- Peter Choi ’19, College of Arts and Sciences;
- Sadie C. Coleman ’22, School of Information Studies;
- David Edelstein ’19, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications;
- Robin Evans L’21, College of Law;
- Seunghwan Kim L’19, College of Law;
- Mackenzie Mertikas ’20, College of Arts and Sciences;
- Katie Quartaro, a graduate student in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs;
- C.J. Santosuosso ’19, Newhouse School;
- Rikki Sargent, a doctoral student in the College of Arts and Sciences;
- Izmailia “Izzy” Sougoufara ’19, College of Arts and Sciences;
- Kevin Treadway ’21, College of Arts and Sciences;
- Lilly Umana ’22, College of Arts and Sciences; and
- Carle Wirshba, a graduate student in the College of Visual and Performing Arts.
The committee will meet twice a semester and on an ad hoc basis. The first meeting is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 26.