The members of the 2018-19 Chancellor’s Citation Selection Committee have been announced and a deadline for nominations is set. Members of the committee review nominations for the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence and submit their recommendations to Chancellor Kent Syverud. The…
Sexual and Relationship Violence Task Force Announces Membership Roster for 2018-19 Academic Year
The Chancellor’s Task Force on Sexual and Relationship Violence at Syracuse University has announced its new roster of members for the 2018-19 academic year. The group this year will be led by returning co-chair Diane Lyden Murphy, dean of the Falk College, and Robert Hradsky, senior associate vice president for the student experience. Hradsky succeeds Rebecca Reed Kantrowitz, associate dean of Hendricks Chapel, who had served as co-chair since the group’s inception in 2015.
Charged by Chancellor Syverud with identifying strategies to deter sexual violence and further enhance education and advocacy services, the task force works to advance key recommendations that had been put forward in the group’s original 2015 report to the Chancellor.
“The work we have done so far shows that we have many resources and people who are deeply invested in eliminating instances of sexual and relationship violence and providing needed support and services when they do occur,” says Murphy. “We will continue working this year to build on those assets and to pursue best practices that help to ensure a safe and respectful campus community for all.”
“Assuring the safety and well-being of our students is our most fundamental priority,” says Hradsky. “Students cannot thrive—academically, socially or emotionally—unless they feel safe in their campus environment, and I look forward to making even greater progress toward that goal in the months and year ahead.”
In addition to Murphy and Hradsky, the following faculty, staff and student representatives will serve on the task force for the 2018-19 academic year:
- Laurie Boucicaut, Panhellenic Council
- Randi K. Bregman, executive director, Vera House
- Katelyn U. Cowen, director, Office of Health Promotion
- Jeremiah Deep, campus minister, Hendricks Chapel
- Kaitlin Donovan, student-athlete representative
- Emily Durand, “It’s On Us” representative
- Herman R. Frazier, deputy director of athletics
- Tula Goenka, associate professor, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- Andy Gordon, senior vice president and chief human resources officer
- Huey Hsiao, associate director, Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Sheila Johnson, chief equal opportunity and Title IX officer
- khristian kemp-delisser, director, LGBT Resource Center
- Andrew S. London, professor of sociology, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- Bobby Maldonado, chief, Department of Public Safety
- Jeffrey S. Pauline, associate professor of Sport Management, David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- Abby R. Perer, associate general counsel, Office of the General Counsel
- Pamela A. Peter, director, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Sarah Scalese, senior associate vice president, University Communications
- Sarah T. Solomon, director, Office of Student Assistance
- Linda Stone Fish, professor of marriage and family therapy, David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- Cory Wallack, director, Counseling Center
- Barry L. Wells, special assistant to the Chancellor
- Ralph Zito, professor and chair of drama, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Denise Dowdall, support staff
The task force, which meets regularly throughout the academic year, aligns with a best practice recommended by the Education Advisory Board for campuses seeking to work proactively to curb sexual and relationship violence.
To learn more about the Chancellor’s Task Force on Sexual and Relationship Violence, visit inclusion.syr.edu/srv/chancellors-task-force/.