Vincente Cuevas is a health promotions coordinator at the Barnes Center at The Arch. Blaine Moore works for the 274th Air Support Operations Squadron at Hancock Airport. And Mary Welker works in the Office of Professional Research and Development in…
Faculty/Staff Registration Now Open for ‘Move More, Aim for All Four!’
Getting regular physical activity is one of the single best choices a person can make for his or her health. Exercise has some powerful benefits: reducing risk of chronic disease; better sleep; good for muscles and bones; helps to manage weight.
“Move More, Aim for All Four!”—an interactive presentation offered by the Syracuse University Wellness Initiative—teaches the importance of mixing it up and including stretching, strengthening, balance and aerobic activities to one’s exercise routine to maximize fitness and prevent injury.
Following are locations and times for the presentation:
- Bird Library, Monday, Oct. 8 (noon–12:30 p.m.)
- Crouse College, Tuesday, Oct. 9 (12:30–1 p.m.)
- Schine Student Center, Tuesday, Oct. 9 (3–3:30 p.m.)
- Hall of Languages, Thursday, Oct. 11 (noon–12:30 p.m.)
- South Campus, Skytop Office Building, Friday, Oct. 12 (noon–12:30 p.m.)
- Whitman School of Management building, Monday, Oct. 15 (noon-12:30 p.m.)
For more information and to register, visit the Wellness Initiative website.