Supporting the University’s ongoing efforts to raise awareness about, respond to, and address sexual and relationship violence, the Chancellor’s Task Force on Sexual and Relationship Violence conducts the Sexual and Relationship Violence Survey, with the support of the Office of…
SU Bookstore to Hold a ‘Renovation Celebration’ Thursday and Friday
The Syracuse University Bookstore’s lower level underwent a full renovation over the summer, and to celebrate the updated space the entire store will hold a “Renovation Celebration” this Thursday and Friday, Sept. 27-28.
Students who picked up their textbooks may have noticed the change in both looks and efficiency. With a new layout and additional checkout counters, lines moved quicker during opening than in years past. As an added convenience, ’Cuse Copy Center powered by Ricoh was relocated inside the store’s lower level.
Both days will include free food, prizes, giveaways and games. Ice cream, popcorn, cookies and other snacks will be available for sampling from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on all three floors.
Thursday only, customers can check out a trunk show by Ciao Bella from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and visit with Hydroflask reps, who will give away free custom caps to customers who bring their Hydroflask bottles into the store.
With activities on each of the Bookstore’s three floors, customers are encouraged to join in a game: 1) Grab a card at the entrance; 2) Get a stamp at one station on each level, and; 3) Turn in your full card at ’Cuse Tech to register to win prizes like a Swissgear Synergy 16” laptop backpack, a Bushnell GPS/Fitness watch, a Leuchtturm Journal, or a Burt’s Bees gift basket.
• The first 50 customers to ’Cuse Copy Center will receive a free USB drive
• Stop by the art department and receive a free mini sketchbook (limited quantities)
• First-year students can complete a short textbook scavenger hunt for a FREE “Class of 2022” hat
• Free cookies at ’Cuse Copy Center and food samples throughout store
• Free food samples
• Random shoppers will receive free prizes in their Bookstore shopping bags!
• Visit with Hydroflask representatives to receive a free custom cap (bring your existing Hydroflask bottle; Thursday only)
• Shop a Ciao Bella trunk show from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Thursday only)
Third Floor (’Cuse Tech):
• Free food samples
• Receive a FREE Apple waterbottle with ’Cuse Tech purchase (limited supply)
• Current students, staff and faculty are reminded to pick up their FREE copy of Trevor Noah’s memoir, “Born a Crime,” at the customer service desk with a valid SU I.D.
• Turn in your full punch-card here to register to win prizes