The members of the 2018-19 Chancellor’s Citation Selection Committee have been announced and a deadline for nominations is set. Members of the committee review nominations for the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence and submit their recommendations to Chancellor Kent Syverud. The…
Orange After Dark Brings Full Schedule of Late-Night Student Programming
Orange After Dark (OAD), your favorite on- and off-campus late-night programming offered through the Office of Student Activities, brings large-scale fun with a jam-packed fall semester schedule of activities. After a successful first couple of events, the OAD team is excited for the rest of the semester and all that is to come, both new and returning.
“For this semester’s schedule we incorporated some new events that we are really excited about. Among these are OAD’s first-ever End-of-Year Formal, Murder Mystery at the Spaghetti Warehouse, and a Midterm Stressbuster,” says Gaby Susana ’19, who is in the College of Arts and Sciences.
One of the most anticipated returning events is the Grit ‘N Wit Obstacle Course. Taking over the Quad on Friday, Sept. 28, at 9:30 p.m., students will have the opportunity to take on both physical and mental tasks.
With an event schedule bigger and better than ever and growing popularity on campus, it is expected that the OAD events will continue selling out. Check out the OAD website to find out more about ticketing. Some events require tickets, while some do not; some events are free, some have a $3 fee. Tickets will be available at the Schine Box Office for undergraduate students two Mondays before the event. Graduate student tickets will be available the Wednesday before the event.
“We hope that by attending OAD events, students feel like they have options as to how to spend their free time in college,” says Susana. “We work really hard so students have a safe environment to mingle with different college students who they might not have met any other way.”
In addition to the list of fall events, OAD continues its popular late-night movie screenings on Friday and Saturday nights. Movies are shown in Gifford Auditorium in Huntington Beard Crouse at 11 p.m. and are shown with open captions. Free snacks are provided. Movies this semester include “Crazy Rich Asians,” “Incredibles 2,” “The Meg” and more. The full schedule of late-night movies can be found on the Late Night Movies website.
OAD continues its partnership with Recreation Services to host Late Night at the Gym from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Wednesday to Saturday nights at the Women’s Building and Flanagan Gymnasium. In addition to the regular recreational opportunities, Late Night at the Gym offers organized activities. The full schedule of activities can be found on the Late Night at the Gym website. The fun continues on Friday and Saturday nights with Late Night at the Rink at Tennity Ice Pavilion on South Campus from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Check out the OAD schedule of events for fall 2018:
- Get Air! Trampoline Park, Friday, Sept. 21, 10 p.m.
- Grocery Bingo, Saturday, Sept. 22, 10 p.m. (Schine 304)
- Grit ‘N Wit Obstacle Course, Friday, Sept. 28, 9:30 p.m. (Quad)
- “Smallfoot” movie premiere, Saturday, Sept. 29, 10:30 p.m. (Regal Cinemas)
- Rock Climbing, Friday, Oct. 5, 9 p.m. (Central Rock Gym)
- Leon Etienne America’s Rock Illusionist, Saturday, Oct. 6, 10:30 p.m. (Schine Underground)
- Dave & Buster’s, Thursday, Oct. 11, 10:30 p.m. (Destiny USA)
- Midterm Stressbuster, Saturday, Oct. 13, 10 p.m. (Schine Panasci Lounge)
- Fright Night at the Fair, Friday, Oct. 19, 10:30 p.m. (NYS Fairgrounds)
- Family Weekend Glow Skate, Saturday, Oct. 27, 7 p.m. (Tennity Ice Pavilion)
- Paint Night, Friday, Nov. 2, 10 p.m. (Sheraton Hotel Regency Ballroom)
- Grocery Bingo, Saturday, Nov. 3, 10 p.m. (Schine 304)
- Escape the Room, Saturday, Nov. 10; 8, 9, 10, 11 p.m. (126 Schine)
- Fantastic Beasts 2 movie premiere, Thursday, Nov. 15, 10:30 p.m. (Regal Cinemas)
- End of Year Formal, Friday, Nov. 30, 10 p.m. (Sheraton Hotel Regency Ballroom)
- Pajama Pinterest Party, Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 p.m. (Schine 304)
- Pancake Breakfast “Stressbuster,” Sunday, Dec. 9, 10 p.m. (Schine Dining)