Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud, who early in his career served as a Supreme Court law clerk, offers thoughts on the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg: “Justice Ginsburg was among the most impactful lawyers and judges of our time….
Libraries Host Welcome Fest on Aug. 30
The Syracuse University Libraries invite all students, faculty and staff to a Welcome Fest on Thursday, Aug. 30, from 11 a.m.–3 p.m. on the first floor of Bird Library. The event will feature resources and services the libraries provide to support teaching, learning and research across campus, as well as games, prizes, snacks, a photo booth, therapy dogs and visits from Otto.
Meet librarians and library staff who will be on hand to answer questions and provide information on a wide range of topics, including:
- Improvements to study spaces and room reservations;
- Research and reference help – connecting to library experts day or night;
- Library to Go delivery services;
- Technology and gear for loan from our Check Out desk;
- Course-related instruction to improve research skills and class outcomes;
- Data, citation and reputation management;
- Scholarly publishing – SU Press and the SURFACE repository;
- Reserving material and booking video for classes;
- Interlibrary Loan – obtaining items from other libraries;
- Sound Beat, the Libraries radio show; and
- Treasures held by Special Collections and University Archives.
A number of partner organizations are also participating this year: the Center for Learning and Student Success, Digital Scholarship Space, Petit Branch of the Onondaga County Public Library, Orange SUccess, Parking and Transit Services, Public Safety, SU Makerspace, Blackstone LaunchPad, and more.
See the pictures from last year’s event at: flickr.com/photos/syracuselearningcommons/albums/7215768551003220.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.