Dear Students and Families: We look forward to another full weekend of activities as we mark the celebration of our Class of 2020 graduates, and host another home football game. As I shared in a message yesterday, it is critically…
College of Visual and Performing Arts Announces 2018 VPA Scholars
Twelve seniors in Syracuse University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) have been named VPA Scholars, the college’s highest undergraduate academic honor.
The VPA Scholars program was established to recognize the achievements of the college’s top seniors. Students are selected based on academic performance, creative/scholarly work and service to the college and the community. The scholars are recognized at VPA’s annual convocation ceremony, which will be held during the University’s Commencement Weekend on Saturday, May 12, at 7:30 p.m. in the Carrier Dome.
The 2018 VPA Scholars are the following:
- Lawren Cappelletti, a fashion design major in the School of Design
- Andreya Cherry, a music industry major in the Rose, Jules R. and Stanford S. Setnor School of Music
- Grae Gleason, a communication and rhetorical studies major in the Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
- Molly Goldberg, a drama major in the Department of Drama
- Margaret Hoeschele, a voice performance major in the Setnor School of Music
- Andrés Laguna Martino, a communication and rhetorical studies major in the Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
- Abigail Latham, a painting major in the School of Art
- Joshua McMaster, a computer art and animation major in the Department of Transmedia
- Elayna Milano, a communications design major in the School of Design
- Jakia Nur, a fashion design major in the School of Design
- Susanne Prendergast, a communication and rhetorical studies major in the Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
- Jennifer Sweet, a communication and rhetorical studies major in the Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
VPA is committed to the education of cultural leaders who will engage and inspire audiences through performance, visual art, design, scholarship and commentary. The college provides the tools for self-discovery and risk-taking in an environment that thrives on critical thought and action. Learn more at vpa.syr.edu.
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience. The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu.