While our first-year and transfer students may be concluding their fourth week of small group discussions as part of the enhanced First-Year Experience Initiative, the opportunity to get your complimentary copy of Trevor Noah’s memoir “Born A Crime” is still…
University to Operate on Reduced Schedule during Green Days
The University will be operating under its Green Days and reduced occupancy schedule format for the Winter Break period from 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 22, through Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018.
During the Holiday/Green Days period:
• All academic and administrative buildings will be locked or closed.
• Building temperatures will be lowered to 60 degrees, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Request for Building Access:
If you require your building to be open over the Winter Break/Green Days period, please submit a request to your building coordinator, noting the specific dates and times. Requests should be made by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19. (Note that faculty and staff will be able to access all buildings, as usual, by swiping their SU I.D. cards, even when the buildings are locked.)
Request for Adjustments to Temperature and Lighting:
Deans, directors and department heads may submit a detailed request for adjustments to temperature and lighting during the Winter Break/Green Days period. Please review the University’s temperature guidelines. We ask that requests be made using the online form by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19. Requests will be reviewed and approved by either the vice president and chief facilities officer or the provost.
Important: Buildings Not Included in Winter Break Reduced Occupancy Schedule
Due to academic and research needs, the following buildings will be excluded from the temperature setback, and will remain on normal access, temperature and lighting settings:
• Heroy Geology Laboratory
• Bowne Hall—Fourth Floor
• Lyman Hall—Fourth Floor
• Sims Hall—Department of Public Safety
• Center for Science and Technology
• Bird Library—Operating hours are listed on the library website.
• Life Sciences Complex
• Link Hall
• Physics Building
• Women’s Building
Additional information regarding Winter Break/Green Days services and resources may be found at:
• University services available during Winter Break/Green Days: http://news.syr.edu/winterbreak/
• HR Winter Break/Green Days info: https://hr.syr.edu/benefits/paid-time-off-and-leaves/winter-breakgreen-days
• Winter Break/Green Days FAQ: http://humanresources.syr.edu/green-days-faq/
Questions on building occupancy can be directed to the Department of Energy Systems and Sustainability Management, 315.443.6195 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of the University’s sustainability initiatives.