Members of the campus community are invited to submit nominees for the 2020 Chancellor’s Award for Public Engagement and Scholarship (CAPES). Submissions are welcome through Friday, April 17. The original deadline was March 23 but has been extended due to…
Members of 2017-18 Chancellor’s Citation Committee Announced
The members of the 2017-18 Chancellor’s Citation Selection Committee have been announced. Members of the committee review nominations for the Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence and submit their recommendations to Chancellor Kent Syverud.
This year’s members are the following:
- Bruce Abbey, dean emeritus, School of Architecture
- Kenneth Baynes, Tolley Professor, Departments of Philosophy and Political Science, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- Shiu-Kai Chin, professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, College of Engineering and Computer Science, chair of the committee
- Luis Columna, associate professor, Department of Exercise Science, School of Education
- David Driesen, University Professor, College of Law
- Sandra Hewett, Bishop Professor, Department of Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Terra Peckskamp, director, Office of Residence Life
- Rachel Vassel, assistant vice president, Program Development
- Tonya Wilson, graduate student, School of Education
The Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence, presented at the One University Awards Ceremony, recognizes members of the University community who have made invaluable contributions to Syracuse University in two overarching ways: through commitment to scholarship and research that contribute to new understandings of the world and creative responses to its needs; and through advancing the four pillars Chancellor Syverud has identified to foster excellence at Syracuse University—providing an outstanding undergraduate experience; empowering research excellence; fostering change and innovation; and positioning Syracuse as the best university in the world for veterans.