The Whitman School of Management announced the appointment of two new associate deans, effective Feb. 1. Professor Joe Comprix has been named associate dean for faculty affairs and Professor Willie Reddic has been named associate dean for business education. In…
Newhouse’s Jennifer Grygiel to Participate in Harvard Panel on Sharing Economy
“Whose Fair Share: Opportunity and Inclusion in the Sharing Economy” will be the first of a series of events focusing on equity and inclusion in the sharing economy and the modern, technology-based economy more broadly. The discussion will focus on barriers to participation and will include representatives from major sharing economy businesses, such as Lyft and Airbnb, as well as academics, activists and students. The event is sponsored by the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race & Justice.
Other participants include:
- Sharon Block, executive director, Labor & Worklife Program, Harvard Law School
- Shawn Jacqueline Bohen, principal, Year Up
- Jason Green, co-founder, senior vice president and general counsel, SkillSmart
- Kayla Haran, editor in chief, Harvard Journal of Law and Technology
- David King, director of diversity and belonging, AirBnb
- Stephanie Mash Sykes, executive director and general counsel, African American Mayors Association
- Joseph Okpaku, vice president of public policy, Lyft
- Jeff Tignor, adviser on law and technology, Houston Institute
- Susan Winterberg, associate director of inclusive economy, Business for Social Responsibility
For more information about the event or to register, visit https://charleshamiltonhouston.org/events/whose-fair-share.