We have just learned of the hateful display of Anti-Semitism that occurred just steps from our campus. I join everyone in our community in vehemently condemning this vile behavior targeting the Jewish faith. We must continue to work together to…
Ricoh USA Selected to Enhance Copy, Printing and Shipping Services, Scheduled to Open Week of Aug. 21
Following a competitive, nationwide request for proposal (RFP) process, Syracuse University today announced that Ricoh USA has been selected as the University’s copy center partner. Ricoh USA, which is scheduled to open the week of Aug. 21, will occupy the space that previously housed the Schine Copy Center. The new center will offer a range of copy, printing and shipping services, many of which have not previously been available on campus.
“The addition of Ricoh USA to the Syracuse University campus will further enhance the living, learning and working environment by providing modern resources in a convenient and centrally located space,” says Jamie Cyr, director of auxiliary services. “I am pleased we have engaged such a reputable partner, and look forward to working with the Ricoh USA staff to better serve our students, faculty and staff.”
As a result of this new partnership, students, faculty and staff will soon have access to more comprehensive printing, copying and distribution services. In addition to installing all new modern copy equipment, Ricoh USA will:
- offer a wide format color printer capable of producing high-resolution signs, banners, wall coverings, wraps and more for indoor or outdoor advertising and point-of-sale displays;
- enable customers to submit work electronically via the web or counter service, ultimately limiting the time spent in store; and
- research and advise customers of alternate carrier or shipping methods to reduce overall costs.
The Office of Auxiliary Services, in collaboration with Ricoh USA, is currently preparing the space to open ahead of the start of the new semester. As part of the new partnership, Ricoh USA has committed to being an active member of the University community by:
- partnering with the Office of Career Services to participate in two career fairs and provide access to internship and career opportunities;
- presenting professional development workshops for students two times per year in partnership with the Office of Career Services; and
- offering scholarship support to students from underrepresented populations including students of color and first-generation students.
Ricoh USA is a leading provider of document management solutions, IT services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras and industrial systems. For further information, visit www.ricoh.com.