Syracuse University has maintained its business accreditation by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Today, 870 business schools in over 100 countries—maintain this distinguished hallmark of excellence in management education. Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest-serving…
Vice Chancellor and Provost Michele G. Wheatly Announces Whitman School Dean Search Committee Members
Vice Chancellor and Provost Michele G. Wheatly today announced the members of the search committee for the next dean of the Martin J. Whitman School of Management. The new dean will succeed S.P. Raj, Distinguished Professor of Marketing and chair of the Department of Marketing, who is currently serving as interim dean.
“I am eager to begin the process of identifying a world-class business leader to guide the Whitman School into the future,” says Provost Wheatly. “The Whitman School has never been stronger and continues to experience tremendous growth and success. That success, combined with the Whitman School’s entrepreneurial and student-centric approach to business education, makes the dean position one of the most attractive leadership opportunities in higher education today. I have no doubt we will attract the very best and brightest minds in business education.”
The search process will be a collaborative effort between the search committee and the engaged and passionate students, faculty, staff and alumni of the Whitman School. J. Michael Haynie, vice chancellor for strategic initiatives and innovation and the Barnes Professor of Entrepreneurship in the Whitman School, will chair the committee, which includes University leaders, faculty, staff and Board of Trustees representatives.
The search committee members are:
- Cindie Adams, executive director of alumni & corporate relations
- Kofi Appiah, professor of accounting practice
- Amber Anand, Edward Pettinella Professor of Finance
- Alexis Audrine Drickel, graduate representative
- Natarajan Balasubramanian, associate professor of management
- Craig Boise, dean, College of Law
- Joseph Comprix, chair, Joseph I. Lubin School of Accounting, and associate professor of accounting
- Don Harter, associate dean for master’s programs, associate professor of accounting
- James D. Kuhn ’70, G’72, University Trustee and Whitman School Advisory Board member
- Eunkyu Lee, professor of marketing
- Deb Leone ’86, G’87, University Trustee
- Daniela Lisa ’17, undergraduate representative
- Maria Minniti, Bantle Chair in Entrepreneurship and Public Policy
- Amanda Nicholson, associate dean of undergraduate programs and professor of retail practice
Isaacson, Miller has been selected to assist with the search effort.