A&S joins worldwide commemoration of 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley classic The College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) lauds the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein” with a daylong reading of the entire novel. On Wednesday, Oct….
Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts E-Meetup Thursday
The Blackstone LaunchPad is hosting an e-meetup for entrepreneurs in creative industries on Thursday, Oct. 27, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The event will be held on the first floor of Bird Library, starting with a sign-in reception at the LaunchPad, followed by a networking event in the Peter Graham Scholarly Commons.
E-meetups are an ongoing series sponsored by the LaunchPad on topics of interest to entrepreneurs. Events are monthly, rotate around campus and feature different themes. They feature topics or trends that are of interest to many academic program areas. The format includes:
- networking and refreshments;
- student venture pitches;
- visiting entrepreneurs and guest speakers; and
- interactive table conversations on ideation, developing your business model, building your team, marketing your venture, enabling technologies and more.
Participants don’t need a venture to come. They are open to anyone on the Syracuse University campus who wants to be part of a group of like-minded people interested in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The event on Oct. 27 explores the creative industries—the force powering the new economy and driving innovation across many high growth job sectors. These include:
- advertising and marketing
- arts management
- broadcasting, radio and television production
- design: product, graphic, fashion, interior and environmental design
- education and on-line learning
- entertainment and media
- film, computer art and animation, video and photography
- fine arts across all media
- food and the culinary arts
- game development, AR and VR and emerging technologies
- hospitality, tourism and events productions
- IT, software and computer services
- lighting and sound design, stage design, production tech
- literature, writing and publishing
- museums, galleries and libraries
- music, visual and performing arts
- web and mobile app development