Dear Members of the Syracuse University Community: Over the last several months, hundreds of students, faculty, staff, administrators and trustees have engaged in constructive, collaborative and respectful dialogue. The Board of Trustees created a Special Committee on University Climate, Diversity…
Chancellor Syverud Announces Chief Financial Officer Search Committee Members
Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud today announced the members of the Search Committee for the University’s new chief financial officer (CFO).
Chancellor Syverud will chair the committee, which includes University leaders, faculty, staff and Board of Trustees representatives. The new CFO will report directly to the Chancellor and will partner with administrators, deans and department heads to ensure the University is effectively allocating and prioritizing resources in support of the academic vision and mission.
“Syracuse University is poised for significant growth and success in the coming years,” says Chancellor Syverud. “Critical to that success is a strong financial leader who will ensure the University’s fiscal position supports its ambitious vision and goals as articulated in the Academic Strategic Plan. I look forward to working with the members of the search committee to identify the University’s next chief financial officer.”
The Search Committee members are:
- Kent Syverud, Chancellor and President (Chair)
- Steven Barnes ’82, Chairman, Board of Trustees
- Candace Campbell Jackson, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff
- Can Isik, Senior Associate Dean and Professor in the College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Edward Pettinella ’76, University Trustee and Chair of the Board of Trustees’ Budget Committee
- Michael Tick, Dean, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Michele Wheatly, Vice Chancellor and Provost
Global management consulting firm Korn Ferry has been selected to assist with the search effort.