Dear Students, Faculty and Staff: I had hoped my first communication with the campus community would be to share positive news. Sadly though, I am writing with the most difficult news to share—the passing of one of our students. We…
Campus Framework Open Forums, Fall Construction Information Sessions Announced
Students, faculty and staff encouraged to participate
Members of the Syracuse University community can review and provide feedback on the draft Campus Framework at several sessions scheduled this fall. The first Campus Framework open forum will be held two weeks from today—the first of 10 events this semester that include an extensive slate of open forums and fall construction information sessions.
The new engagement schedule comes on the heels of a busy summer, during which:
- the University shared the draft Campus Framework with the campus community for review and feedback and launched syr.edu;
- SHoP Architects was selected to design the National Veterans Resource Complex;
- more than $9 million was invested in classroom enhancements and technology upgrades;
- the University Place Promenade project was completed;
- the Office of Campus Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC) tackled more than 120 individual summer construction projects; and
- more than $4.1 million in updates were made to facilities across campus to increase access for everyone, including the addition of accessible bathrooms, auditorium seating and entrances, and a ramp along the Promenade to access the gateway sign in front of the Hall of Languages.
The goal of the Campus Framework open forums is to review the draft plan with, and receive input and feedback from, students, faculty and staff. CPDC leaders and members of the Campus Framework Advisory Group will host and facilitate dialogue at the forums. Feedback received from the campus community will help inform the creation of the next draft of the Campus Framework, which will be updated and shared with the community in January 2017.
Community members interested in participating are invited to attend one or more of the following forums:
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, Goldstein Auditorium, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 17, Life Sciences Complex, Auditorium 001, 11 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, Joyce Hergenhan Auditorium, Newhouse 3, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 26, Joyce Hergenhan Auditorium, Newhouse 3, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 29, Joyce Hergenhan Auditorium, Newhouse 3, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 29, Maxwell Auditorium, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
To review the draft Campus Framework and to provide input via the public comment section, please visit CampusFramework.syr.edu.
Meanwhile, fall construction information sessions, similar to those held throughout the summer, will provide students, faculty and staff an opportunity to hear directly from CPDC staff about the progress of ongoing construction projects. All fall information sessions will be held in the Heroy Geology Building, Room 113, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The schedule of those sessions is as follows:
- Tuesday, Sept. 20
- Wednesday, Oct. 19
- Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Wednesday, Dec. 7
American Sign Language (ASL) and Communication Access Real Time (CART) interpretation will be available for each event. If you have requests for accessibility and accommodations, please contact the Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services (EOIRS) office at 315.443.4018.