Dear Students, Faculty and Staff: In recent days, our active COVID cases have declined significantly (44 as of today) and the positivity rate among those tested via our random surveillance testing program over the past week is less than .5%….
Libraries Host Welcome Fest on September 1
The Syracuse University Libraries invite all students, faculty and staff to a Welcome Fest on Thursday, September 1, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on the first floor of Bird Library. The event will feature resources and services the Libraries provide to support teaching, learning and research across campus, as well as a photo booth, games, food, prizes and more.
Meet librarians and library staff who will be on hand to answer questions and share information on a range of topics, including:
- AskUs! service – connecting to library experts day or night;
- Finding the perfect study space – individual, group, or technology-equipped;
- Improving student research skills – course-related instruction;
- Tools for finding books, articles, and other materials;
- Research Services – data, citation, and reputation management;
- Scholarly publishing – SU Press and the SURFACE repository;
- Library to Go delivery services;
- Blackstone LaunchPad entrepreneurship center;
- “Sound Beat,” the Libraries’ public radio show;
- Interlibrary loan – obtaining items from other libraries;
- Reserving material and booking video for classes;
- Technology for loan;
- Special Collections, University Archives, and SU Press resources.
A number of partner organizations are also participating this year, including SU Makerspace, Public Safety, Academic Integrity Office, Tutoring and Study Center, Onondaga County Public Library, SU Transit, Go Team Therapy Dogs, and more.
Tours will be available by request. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.