Syracuse University’s College of Law has launched its new Doctor of Juridical Science in Law (Scientiae Juridicae Doctor, or S.J.D.) degree program. This is the third programmatic announcement in the 2019-2020 academic year for the College of Law, coming after…
Alumni in Rio Sharing the Stories of the Olympics
The nine current and former athletes and coaches from Syracuse University competing at the Rio Olympics are not the only members of the Orange family who have made their way to Brazil for the games.
Along with familiar fellow alumni Bob Costas ’74 and Mike Tirico ’88, both of NBC Sports, many Syracuse University alumni are part of covering the excitement and drama of the Olympic Games for various media companies or working behind the scenes in bringing out the best of the Olympics.
Alumni in Rio include the following:
- Alexa Ainsworth ’07 (Newhouse School of Public Communications), NBC
- Genaro Armas ’94 (Newhouse School and College of Arts and Sciences), Associated Press
- Kelly Atkinson ’79 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Allie Ayres ’14 (Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics), Team USA
- Marissa Boyajian ’08 (College of Arts and Sciences, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Newhouse School), NBC
- David DeGuzman ’12 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Marissa Gidez ’09 (College of Arts and Sciences and Newhouse School), NBC
- Adam Kilgore ’06 (Newhouse School), The Washington Post
- Carol Ko ’07 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Chris McCloskey ’93 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Brian Neal ’02 (Newhouse School), Hearst Television
- Tim Nelson ’08 (College of Arts and Sciences and Newhouse School), NBC
- Elyse McDonough Noonan ’04 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Jeff Passan ’02 (Newhouse School), Yahoo Sports
- Alex Ptachick ’14 (Newhouse School), USA Today
- Lauren Skowronski ’03 (College of Arts and Sciences, Maxwell School, Newhouse School), NBC
- James Stuart ’92 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Kailin Vandevelde ’10 (Newhouse School), NBC
- Paige Westin ’11 (Newhouse School), NBC
Twenty-three students from the Newhouse School are also in Rio as part of the team covering the Olympics. They are paid interns with NBC, working alongside national and international communications professionals who are bringing the games to the world.
Follow all the Orange fun at the Olympics using #CuseInRio.