A&S joins worldwide commemoration of 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley classic The College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) lauds the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein” with a daylong reading of the entire novel. On Wednesday, Oct….
Nine Alumni Nominated for Tony Awards
Nine Syracuse University alumni received individual nominations or produced plays and musicals nominated for the 2016 Tony Awards. Established by the American Theatre Wing, the Tonys celebrate excellence in the theater. The winners will be announced on Sunday, June 12.
The Syracuse University alumni with nominations include:
- Jessica Genick ’89, producer, “Fiddler on the Roof” (three nominations, including Best Revival of a Musical)
- Frank Langella ’59, Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play for “The Father”
- Stacey Mindich ’86, producer, “Arthur Miller’s The Crucible” (four nominations, including Best Revival of a Play), and “Blackbird” (three nominations, including Best Revival of a Play)
- Jessie Mueller ’05, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical for “Waitress”
- Jennifer Namoff ’06 of Soffer/Namoff Entertainment, producer, “Fiddler on the Roof”
- Mike Rego ’90 and Hank Unger ’90 of the Araca Group, producer, “Shuffle Along, or the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed” (10 nominations, including Best Musical)
- David Rockwell ’79, Best Scenic Design of a Musical, for “She Loves Me”
- Daryl Roth ’66, producer, “The Humans” (six nominations, including Best Play); “Shuffle Along, or the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed”; “Arthur Miller’s The Crucible”; and “Arthur Miller’s A View from the Bridge” (five nominations, including Best Revival of a Play)