The Housing, Meal Plan and I.D. Card Services Office will introduce a block meal plan system, offer unlimited meal plans and combine campus funds into one account starting in the 2021-22 academic year. The overhaul of the meal plan system…
Grand Opening of Blackstone LaunchPad Slated for April 19 in Bird Library
The Blackstone LaunchPad in Bird Library is now open. To celebrate the occasion, the University community is invited to a grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday, April 19, from 1-2 p.m. on the first floor of Bird Library. Special guests include:
- Kent Syverud, Chancellor
- David Seaman, Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- Elizabeth D. Liddy, Interim Vice Chancellor and Provost
- Erik Lisher, Managing Director, Blackstone Investor Relations & Business Development Group, and member of the Blackstone Charitable Foundation Board of Directors
- Robert Simpson, President and Chief Executive Officer, CenterState CEO
- Patrick Ambron, ’09, CEO and Co-Founder, Brand Yourself.com
- Judy Mower, University Trustee
- Erin Miller ’16, Out There Productions
- Linda Dickerson Hartsock, Executive Director of the Blackstone LaunchPad
The event will also feature student demonstrations of their entrepreneurial projects, tours of the LaunchPad’s new facility and a reception.
Housed in a highly visible glass cube on the first floor of Bird Library, Blackstone LaunchPad is a cross-campus entrepreneurship program funded by the Blackstone Charitable Foundation that serves Syracuse University faculty, staff, students and alumni, regardless of major or experience. Through individualized coaching and support, the Blackstone LaunchPad helps students bring their ideas to life and develop entrepreneurial skills and mindsets. The LaunchPad complements SU’s rich array of entrepreneurship initiatives, connecting them to a national and global network that supports aspiring entrepreneurs.
The LaunchPad’s flexible space can be used for ideation workshops, team meetings, co-working, networking events, coaching and training sessions, venture demos, product launches, as well as other collaborative activities.
The Blackstone LaunchPad program features one-one-one mentoring; a unique technology platform to facilitate exchange between academic programs, institutions, and industry partners; tools to support startups; world-class content developed by the Blackstone Charitable Foundation; national and global connections to venture leaders; and Blackstone LaunchPad events and programs to provide opportunities for students from across the global network to connect and innovate.
For more information, contact LaunchPad@syr.edu.