Syracuse University Chancellor and President Kent Syverud addressed the Classes of 2020 of both Syracuse University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry during Commencement exercises held in the stadium on Sunday, Sept. 19. “You have been through…
Applicants Sought for 2017 Senior Class Marshals
Applicants are being sought to be Senior Class Marshals for the 2017 Commencement. This unique opportunity is open to current juniors and the application deadline is Jan. 29. Two students will be chosen.
Marshals now have the unique opportunity to:
- meet with senior-level University administrators to share feedback on the SU experience;
- engage in exclusive networking opportunities with alumni;
- represent the Class of 2017 at special Universitywide events;
- help to select the 2017 Commencement speaker; and
- lead the entire Commencement procession at graduation.
Qualified applicants for Senior Class Marshal should be distinguished individuals who have excelled during their time at Syracuse, exemplify the spirit of the senior class and exhibit excellent critical-thinking skills. Further criteria used to determine qualified nominees include:
- academic honors;
- student organization involvement; and
- an essay soliciting the student’s suggestions for engaging the SU community in Fast Forward Syracuse.