Memorial Day is the day set aside to honor and mourn military members who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. We do this in a number of ways, including graveside services and displaying the United States flag….
Vice Chancellor, Employees, Veterans, Partners Ring Closing Bell at NYSE
Representatives and guests of Syracuse University and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) rang the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Closing Bell® Tuesday afternoon to highlight the University’s continuing commitment to the veteran and military community.
Joining Mike Haynie, Syracuse University Vice Chancellor and executive director of the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF), were the following University employees, alumni and public-private partners:
- Michael Bianchi, national program director, Onward to Opportunity, IVMF
- Ross Brown, retired U.S. Army Colonel, director of military and veterans affairs, JPMorgan Chase (JPMC), founding partner of the IVMF
- Jesse Cannella, Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) graduate and president and Co-Founder of HonorVet Services
- Kristina Donzella, G’15, academic advisor, Veterans Career Transition Program (VCTP), IVMF
- Paul Dottle, executive vice president, American Express
- Margaret Lambrecht, executive assistant to the Vice Chancellor, IVMF
- Charles Preuss, ’17, student veteran, Syracuse University
- Ray Toenniessen ’06, managing director, development and external affairs, IVMF
Earlier this year, Intercontinental Exchange, the leading network of regulated exchanges and clearinghouses for financial and commodity markets, including the NYSE, formally announced their support of the work of the IVMF and Syracuse University.
“Syracuse University is dedicated to being the best place for veterans,” said Chancellor Kent Syverud. “We are proud to have the Intercontinental Exchange as a partner in our work to serve transitioning service members, veterans and their families.”
Haynie added that, in addition to the positive exposure the NYSE closing bell brings Syracuse University, “the ongoing partnership with Intercontinental Exchange will help us strengthen the education and resource initiatives already in place, and help Syracuse University and the IVMF develop new ways to help our veterans be successful in their post-service lives.”