On Sunday, Sept. 19, graduates from the Class of 2020 were honored in a Commencement ceremony in the stadium after an in-person Commencement in May 2020 had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Graduate Forum on Research Methodologies to Be Held Nov. 13
A graduate forum on research methodologies will be held Friday, Nov. 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Peter Graham Scholarly Commons on the first floor of Bird Library. All are welcome to attend.
The event will include a research roundtable discussion on “Does Science Work? The ‘Crisis’ in Research Integrity, Transparency and Reproducibility,” sponsored by the Future Professoriate Program. It will include:
- David Amberg, vice president for research at SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Carl D’Angio, co-director of the graduate research ethics curriculum at University of Rochester
- Neil Ringler, vice provost for research at SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Gregory Robinson, associate professor of political science, Binghamton University, SUNY
- Evelyn Brister, moderator, associate professor of philosophy, Rochester Institute of Technology
An information fair will feature:
- Office of Research Integrity and Protections and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Information about grant assistance from participating schools/colleges
- Syracuse University Libraries and Research Data Services
- Research Computing
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Sage Research Methods