Chancellor Kent Syverud has appointed Maithreyee (Mai) Dubé ’92, ’16, G’17 as staff representative to the Board of Trustees. Dubé, who brings significant experience leading diverse student programs and enrollment services, will serve a two-year term. The staff representative is…
Unsung Hero Awards Nominations Sought
Syracuse University is seeking nominations for the 2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Unsung Heroes Award, to be presented at the University’s annual celebration dinner on Jan. 31, 2016, in the Carrier Dome. The nomination deadline is Oct. 12.
Nominations are sought in the following categories:
- youth/teen from Onondaga, Madison, Oswego, Cayuga or Cortland counties;
- adult from Onondaga, Madison, Oswego, Cayuga or Cortland counties;
- student from Syracuse University or SUNY-ESF; and
- faculty or staff member from Syracuse University or SUNY-ESF.
Individuals or community groups who exemplify the spirit, life and teachings of Martin Luther King Jr., but have not received widespread recognition for or been previously honored for their efforts, are eligible to be nominated. Work should be ongoing and outside of the nominee’s normal job/student expectations.
Past recipients of this award have led community initiatives; advanced human rights, nonviolence, diversity and nondiscrimination; mentored youth; advocated for peace and justice; and offered support to the most vulnerable citizens of their communities.
Two Ways to Nominate:
- Online at http://hendricks.syr.edu (click on MLK button on right)
- Mail the nomination form to Awards Committee, Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Committee, Hendricks Chapel, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244-1110.