Dear Faculty, Instructors and Graduate Teaching Assistants: We are writing to provide you new information from the Onondaga County Health Department related to the COVID-19 vaccination distribution process. Eligibility Reminder At this time, per the New York State Department of…
Summertime Road Construction Update
If you’ve been away from Syracuse this summer, trust us when we say the main campus has been a busy place. Construction and renovation work on buildings, roadways and sidewalks continues, with some projects set for completion prior to the beginning of August. Specifically, roads that have been closed for various repair projects are set to be reopened before the end of the week, including South Crouse Avenue leading to the Q1 parking lot.
Among the projects nearing completion:
South Crouse (between Tolley and HBC)
– Road will be reopened Thursday, July 30, at 6 a.m. after milling and paving is complete.
– Starting Thursday, Aug. 6, and running through Friday, August 7, the roadway apron between Archbold and Carrier Dome Gate G at the south approach to Q-1 from Forestry will be closed for approximately one week so the concrete apron can be replaced. All campus traffic to and from Q-1 lots will be required to use Crouse Drive from University Place.
(During this construction period, the Quad Shuttle will not be able to operate to the Quad area.” “Please visit Parking and Transit Services website at http://parking.syr.edu for detour routing information)
– Once open, South Crouse between Dome and Archbold will return to one way.
– Friday, July 31, Sims Drive will be reduced to a single lane with flaggers to facilitate milling of the pavement.
– Saturday, Aug. 1, Sims Drive will be closed for final paving from Forestry Drive to College Place.
– Archbold Strip and Carnegie-Archbold Lots will also be closed Saturday.
– Sunday, Aug. 2, Sims Drive will be re-opened.
– Euclid Avenue is scheduled to be complete by mid-August, with the road scheduled to be reopened no later than Aug. 14.