Looking for a good book or two to round out your bookshelf this summer? We asked the University’s deans to share titles they were digging into this summer, and they did not disappoint. Shop Amazon, the Campus Store or your…
Lynda.com comes to University July 1
Information Technology Services (ITS) has announced that the University has acquired an enterprise license for lynda.com. All active students, faculty and staff will have full member privileges starting July 1.
Lynda.com is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Members have unlimited access to the lynda.com video library of more than 3,600 engaging, top-quality courses, including 275,000 tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
- Learn on the go with the lynda.com mobile site and free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Switch back and forth between devices without ever losing your place.
- Save and prioritize courses. The playlists feature lets you create and manage a list of courses you want to watch, and bookmarks tag specific videos for reference.
- Learn as much or as little as you want. Courses are presented in small chunks, so it’s easy to find quick answers to specific questions. You can also watch an entire course from end to end if you choose to.
- Learn anywhere, anytime. You can access courses over the Internet, or download courses for offline learning.
- New courses are added weekly to keep your skills up to date with fast-changing technology.
The site’s instruction covers software, creative and business skills. Educators and administrators can supplement curricula and promote student readiness with targeted skills development. Concurrently, they can support faculty and staff development, stay current with classroom technologies and more.
- Instructors can free up classroom time and assign online tutorials as homework.
- Department leaders can support their instructional and administrative staff personal growth and development
- Students and employees alike can learn new skills of their choice at their pace.
ITS has configured two different ways for SU members to access lynda.com:
- Navigate to http://lynda.syr.edu and log in with your University NetID and password, or
- if an instructor specifies a lynda.com course as part of a course, students can access it through Blackboard. The instructor has the option to track students’ course progress and completion for automatic entry into the Blackboard Gradebook.
Syracuse University members can access lynda.com at lynda.syr.edu starting July 1.
Details are available on https://answers.syr.edu/display/lynda/Lynda.com+Home.
Send any questions or requests for more information to email@example.com.