The Mary Ann Shaw Center for Public and Community Service (Shaw Center) administers the Robert B. Menschel Public Service Award. This award was established to honor Robert Menschel and to perpetuate his commitment to the not-for-profit world by supporting undergraduate…
W.B. Mason Selected as Office Supply Vendor
The University has selected W.B. Mason as its primary office supply vendor, effective July 1. The agreement comes after the Fast Forward Syracuse Office Supplies initiative team conducted surveys, focus groups and cost analyses on hundreds of commonly ordered office supply items. The team used this data to develop the University’s new office supply policy that went into effect on March 1.
Based in Brockton, Mass., and founded in 1898, W.B. Mason is the largest independent office supplier in the United States, with over 45 locations across the country, including Syracuse. Under the new agreement, most items will be discounted 40-60 percent off list prices.
“The local account management, customer service and distribution will enable W.B. Mason to service Syracuse University quickly, efficiently and with personalized support,” says Anne Flaherty, assistant director of purchasing and real estate for the University. “We’ve been working to make the transition as seamless as possible for Syracuse users.”
Key Points in the Transition to W.B. Mason
- On July 1, W.B. Mason will replace Staples on E-PRO, which has been the preferred method for purchasing office supplies. Staples will no longer be recognized as a preferred supplier for the University.
- University chart-strings will remain the same for existing users.
- Next-day delivery service will remain in place.
- The current $40 minimum order will be eliminated.
- There is a dedicated customer support team for University users.
For additional information, contact Karla Salmonsen in the University Purchasing Office at 315-443-4074 or via email at email@example.com.