MedUX is one of six teams selected for the prestigious CNY Biotech Accelerator (CNYBAC) 2019 Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC), an intensive six-month mentorship accelerator program that starts Aug. 1. MedUX was founded by Alec Gillinder and Quinn King ’20, both…
RvD IDEA Wins Award from Deshpande Foundation
The Raymond von Dran Innovation and Disruptive Entrepreneurship Accelerator received the award for Excellence in Curriculum Innovation in Entrepreneurship Award by the Awards Committee for the Deshpande Symposium on Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Higher Education on June 10.
The Deshpande Foundation co-hosts the Deshpande Symposium, now in its fourth year. It brings together thought leaders in higher education to discuss and share their learning on emerging strategies and successful practices that encourage innovation and entrepreneurship within the curriculum, in accelerating ideas to commercialization and engaging students on campus in entrepreneurship. Each year over 300 attendees from nearly 100 different colleges, universities and institutions come together to network, share and learn from each other.
To further reinforce the core areas of focus for the symposium, the foundation solicits nominations of organizations that best exemplify practices in several areas:
- excellence in student engagement in entrepreneurship;
- exemplary practice in technology commercialization;
- excellence in curriculum innovation in entrepreneurship;
- encouragement of individual with outstanding contributions to advancing innovation and entrepreneurship in higher education; and
- fostering of the Entrepreneurial University—an institution that demonstrates excellence in both student engagement and curriculum innovation
The awards committee believes the Raymond von Dran Innovation and Disruptive Entrepreneurship Accelerator is an outstanding example that represents innovation in curriculum to encourage entrepreneurship and is a great example to its peer organizations and future awardees.