Chancellor Kent Syverud has appointed Maithreyee (Mai) Dubé ’92, ’16, G’17 as staff representative to the Board of Trustees. Dubé, who brings significant experience leading diverse student programs and enrollment services, will serve a two-year term. The staff representative is…
University Celebrates Winter Carnival Feb. 23-28
Winter Carnival 2015 brings diverse outdoor and indoor activities to students so they can enjoy the winter weather and celebrate this long-standing Syracuse University tradition. Coordinated by the Traditions Commission and Office of Student Activities, this year’s Winter Carnival will run Feb. 23-28 and include performances, a chili cook-off, comedy shows, ice skating and a game viewing for the Syracuse University vs. Duke men’s basketball game on Feb. 28.
Some highlights of the week include:
- Feb. 25—Students can participate in the ever-popular Trivia Night at 8 p.m. in Schine 304. No tickets needed and free snacks provided.
- Feb. 26—Chili Cook-Off begins at 10:30 a.m. on the HBC Patio. Free chili tasting until it is gone!
- Feb. 27—Zamboni Revolution presents the Every 12 Months Comedy Show at 8 p.m. in the Schine Underground. Tickets are $3 at the Schine Box Office.
- Feb. 27—Glow in the Dark Late Night Skate Night will take place at Tennity Ice Pavilion from 9 p.m.-midnight. The event includes free skate rental and entry, hot chocolate and giveaways.
- Feb. 28—Syracuse University vs. Duke men’s basketball game viewing will take place in 304 Schine (doors open at 6:30 p.m.; game at 7 p.m.). The game viewing includes free food and giveaways.
- Feb. 28—Free laser tag is happening in Goldstein Auditorium from 8p.m.-midnight.
A full list of events can be found on the Winter Carnival website.