Dear Students, Faculty, Staff and Families: Over the last several weeks, the University has provided a lot of information about return to campus, including related to move-in, testing, quarantining, campus life, etc. We recognize that all this information can be…
16 Upperclassmen Selected to Prestigious Leadership Program
Sixteen Syracuse University students have earned full scholarships to participate in the 2015 Dulye Leadership Experience, a highly selective, professional development program that a handful of upperclassmen experience each year.
Founded by Linda Dulye, ’77/Arts & Sciences, the Dulye Leadership Experience (DLE) catapults Syracuse University juniors and seniors on their post-graduation career paths by removing the mystery and fear from landing their first jobs after graduation.
This unique program includes a three-day boot camp in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts in March with a distinguished faculty of professionals from diverse backgrounds and industries who coach and mentor on communication, networking and other key leadership skills.
Nearly 100 SU students have participated in the program since its start in 2008—and the majority quickly advanced to getting jobs. “The Dulye Leadership Experience has a high success rate,” states Dulye, the president and founder of Dulye & Co.—a workplace performance consultancy and one of three Dulye family members to graduate from SU. “An impressive 90 percent of DLE graduates land jobs or internships within three months of attending the program.”
Michele Dilella, who participated in the 2014 DLE program as a junior, found the experience life changing. “It’s the one weekend in college that will forever be the most memorable and life changing. The network I gained, the personal growth and the confidence I have in selling myself and my abilities to any recruiter for the workforce, and so much more, are what I gained from three days,” says Dilella, an Arts and Sciences student.
A record-breaking 156 applications were received for the 2015 program. After a highly selective review process and live interview sessions, these students are members of the DLE Class of 2015:
- Alejandra Avina ’14, Arts and Sciences, anthropology and political science
- Thomas Buchanan ’15, College of Engineering and Computer Science, bioengineering
- Robert Burke ’15, Whitman School, entrepreneurship and emerging enterprises and marketing management
- Tiara Butler ’15, College of Visual and Performing Arts, environmental and interior design
- Preston Cannedy ’15, School of Information Studies, systems and information science
- Kevin Claffey ’15, Whitman/Newhouse School, advertising and marketing management
- Sarah Dalusm a’16, Whitman, marketing management and finance
- Katie Fleischer ’15, Arts and Sciences, English and textual studies
- Jane Hong ’16, Newhouse, broadcast and digital journalism
- Sean Fernandez ’15, Whitman, finance
- Daniela Lopez ’15, Arts and Sciences, Spanish language, literature and culture, policy studies, political science
- Yvenique Lovinsky ’16, School of Information Studies, information management and technology
- Elizabeth Odunaiya ’15, School of Education, health and exercise science
- Courtney Rosser ’16, Arts and Sciences, biology and neuroscience
- Greg Tobias II ’15, College of Engineering and Computer Science, mechanical engineering
- Andreacarola Urso ’16, Arts and Sciences, biology, French and francophone studies
For more information on the Dulye Leadership Experience, visit http://dle.dulye.com.