Ray Wimer, professor of retail practice in the Whitman School, was interviewed for the International Business Times piece “Can JC Penny Perform a Magic Act As It Emerges From Bankruptcy?” Wimer, an expert on the retail industry, says that the…
Strategic Plan Open Forum Set for Oct. 6
Monday, Oct. 6, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., 010 Crouse-Hinds Hall
Attendees are invited to share their input/statements.
The Strategic Plan working groups are:
- Undergraduate excellence: Providing a world-class undergraduate experience inside and outside the classroom and achieving strong outcomes.
- Strategically focused research and doctoral programs: Targeted investment to achieve excellence and impact in areas of great opportunity.
- Leadership in veterans and military affairs: Building on history and opportunity to achieve national leadership in research, teaching and support.
- Enhancing internationalization: Leveraging internationalization on campus and in the world, in teaching and in research to create a stronger, more relevant University.
- Change: innovation and institutional renewal: Establishing the culture, structures and mechanisms to ensure that Syracuse University undergoes productive change.
- Student- and faculty-centered operations: Ensuring that University units and operations prioritize the student experience and faculty productivity.
- Professional program excellence: Providing distinctive professional programs, including master’s programs, online programs, executive education, certificate programs and other
initiatives that prepare students and professionals to become leaders.
Fast Forward Syracuse is a University-wide initiative to provide the key strategic direction and framework for propelling the University forward, fostering academic and operational excellence, and meeting the challenges ahead.