Police vehicle accidents and the impact such crashes have had on communities across New York State are the focus of a new data journalism project involving Newhouse School students working in partnership with reporters from the USA Today Network and Central Current….
Law Student Earns Spot at Top Gun Trial Competition
The trial teams from the College of Law recently concluded one of their most impressive seasons—and it’s not quite over yet.
Jennifer Camillo, a third-year law student, has earned a spot at the Baylor Law School 2014 Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition taking place June 4-8 in Waco, Texas. The invitation-only mock trial tournament takes the best trial advocates from 16 of the top advocacy schools in the nation and has them go head-to-head for the honor of being named National Top Gun. The first-place winner receives $10,000.
Founded in 2010, Baylor Law’s Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition creates a challenging atmosphere for competitors. Unlike other mock trial competitions, participants do not receive the case file until they arrive in Waco—just 24 hours before the first round of trials begin.
The law schools invited to the 2014 Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition are:
- Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Duquesne University School of Law
- Faulkner University, Jones School of Law
- Hofstra University, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law
- South Texas College of Law
- Stetson University College of Law
- Syracuse University College of Law
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law
- University of Akron School of Law
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- Washington University School of Law
- Yale Law School
Baylor Law, as the organizing institution, does not field a team.
Along with Baylor Law School, the 2014 Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition is sponsored by the Texas-based law firm of Naman Howell Smith & Lee.