Syracuse University’s Office of Research has awarded funds to 79 projects for the fourth round of the annual internal grant program to provide intramural funding for faculty research and scholarly projects. The program is funded through Invest Syracuse. The Collaboration for…
Monday Deadline for Fast Forward Entries
Just three days remain! The deadline for submission is fast approaching. The University wants to help fund your big idea. Students are our greatest asset, and we want to see your ideas come to life. As part of Chancellor Kent Syverud’s inauguration on April 11th, the University has allocated grants to fund student projects. The winning project proposals will be presented live at a special event with the Chancellor on April 11.
The Inauguration Fast Forward competition allows you to express your idea for showcasing an element of work at Syracuse University that demonstrates how a great, private institution like Syracuse and its students can have a positive impact on the world.
If creating a video is keeping you from submitting your idea, simply stop by the Hinds Hall Lobby on Monday between noon and 3 p.m. and we’ll capture your idea on video for you to submit!
Please help us spread the word and refer interested students to fastforward.syr.edu to enter. Deadline for submissions is 11:59pm on Monday, March 31, 2014.
Students are being encouraged to submit their idea via video, keeping in mind the judging will be based solely on the concept, and not the quality of the video itself. What ideas will be considered? That’s up to students to decide. But here are some guidelines to follow:
- Videos can be no longer than three minutes.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or a similar public video hosting service.
- Students may participate on their own or as part of a team.
- All participants must be students currently enrolled at Syracuse University.
- The project proposed via the video submission needs to be feasibly funded within the grant budget of as much as $1,500.
- Winning entrants will get a chance to pitch their idea at a special event on April 11 as part of Chancellor Syverud’s inauguration.
- If selected for a grant, the student or members of the team will be expected to complete the project by Dec. 31.
Information on the competition can be found at http://fastforward.syr.edu.