Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff: In recent days, there has been a renewed and palpable sense of energy on our campus. Many of us are feeling optimistic for the future, especially as more and more members of our community…
Make Your Winter Break Sustainable
The Energy Systems and Sustainability Department is requesting all campus employees do the following before winter break:
• Turn off all office and personal equipment, such as computers, monitors, printers, copiers, televisions, etc.
• Unplug paper shredders, staplers and phone chargers.
• Put your fax machine in “sleep” mode.
• Unplug coffee machines, bottled water coolers, televisions and all other electronic equipment.
• Water or take home plants.
• Close and lock all windows.
• Turn off all office lights where possible, including decorative and task fixtures.
All of these efforts save energy and contribute to SU’s Climate Action Plan, the institutional blueprint for becoming carbon neutral.