Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff: Three weeks of classes are complete and we are heading into the final weekend of summer. We have performed more than 15,500 surveillance tests on campus this semester, and we currently count 148 active…
Make Your Winter Break Sustainable
The Energy Systems and Sustainability Department is requesting all campus employees do the following before winter break:
• Turn off all office and personal equipment, such as computers, monitors, printers, copiers, televisions, etc.
• Unplug paper shredders, staplers and phone chargers.
• Put your fax machine in “sleep” mode.
• Unplug coffee machines, bottled water coolers, televisions and all other electronic equipment.
• Water or take home plants.
• Close and lock all windows.
• Turn off all office lights where possible, including decorative and task fixtures.
All of these efforts save energy and contribute to SU’s Climate Action Plan, the institutional blueprint for becoming carbon neutral.