Hank Mullins, a faculty member for nearly 30 years in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences (A&S), passed away in July at age 69. Mullins grew up in the Hudson Valley village…
Senior Class Marshal 2015 Applications Due by Jan. 31
Two Syracuse University rising seniors will be selected in the spring of their junior year as all-University representatives for the Class of 2015, and will have unique opportunities throughout 2014-2015 to engage with various University stakeholders, help select their commencement speaker, and discuss their SU experience and constructive suggestions with senior administrators.
Senior Class Marshals are SU’s most committed and thoughtful students. They serve as the all-university student representatives for graduation. Marshals also have the unique opportunity to participate in the following experiences:
- meeting with senior-level University administrators to share and offer feedback on the SU experience
- engaging in exclusive networking opportunities with alumni and trustees
- representing the 2015 class at special Universitywide events
- helping to select the 2015 Commencement speaker; and
- leading the entire Commencement procession at graduation.
The student’s application (and faculty or staff nominations), along with essays and transcripts, must be submitted online by Friday, Jan. 31. Application materials are available online at http://seniormarshal.syr.edu.
Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 443-9153 for more information.