Corinne Sartori recently joined SU Libraries as accessibility specialist. In this role, Sartori is the Libraries’ expert on testing, documenting and supporting procurement for hardware, software and content. Sartori is part of the Libraries Information Technology team and works with…
Exciting Changes Coming to SUmail Accounts Starting Oct. 5
On Oct. 5, Microsoft will begin to upgrade SUmail to the latest Office 365 interface. SUmail is the system in which Information Technology and Services (ITS) provisions and manages official Syracuse University email accounts for students and alumni. SUmail utilizes Microsoft’s cloud services.
Accounts will be upgraded individually at some point during the upgrade period, and some SUmail accounts will be upgraded to the new interface before others. The upgrade period is estimated to last several days, and possibly as long as a week. SUmail will be available during and after the upgrade process at http://sumail.syr.edu.
Due to changes in Microsoft’s architecture, individual smartphone, tablet and/or email programs may need to be reconfigured after the upgrade. They may stop sending or receiving email after an account is upgraded, depending on the way each was configured to access SUmail.
Detailed information about the upgrade is available at https://answers.syr.edu/x/6oSBAQ, including:
- how to test that email can be sent and received using smartphones, tablets and/or email programs, and what to do if it can’t
- what might be seen during the upgrade
- how to tell that an account has been upgraded
SUmail will have several new features after the upgrade, including:
- enhanced Outlook Web App: The SUmail web interface at http://sumail.syr.edu will have a new look and several new features.
- increased storage: 50GB of storage in each mailbox (up from 25GB)
- mobile apps for iOS: “OWA for iPhone” and “OWA for iPad” apps are available from the Apple App Store.
If you have questions or need more information about the upgrade, first visit Answers.syr.edu at https://answers.syr.edu/x/6oSBAQ. If you still need assistance, contact ITS at 315-443-2677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.