Karen Davis’ ’83, G’90 desire to create a welcoming environment for all has permeated every corner of the College of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS). Building the college’s career services from the ground up and becoming the assistant dean of…
SU Joins Starwood Executive Traveler Program
Syracuse University has entered into an agreement with Starwood Hotels & Resorts and is now a member of the Starwood Executive Traveler (SET) program. Syracuse University faculty and staff travelers, for business or leisure, will be eligible for a 15 percent discount off the Best Available Rate (BAR) at all Starwood Hotels & Resorts, at the time of booking. Discounts are not available for group bookings or travel.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts operate internationally, and this discount is available at any hotel and resort operating under the Starwood umbrella. The hotels are: Westin Hotels & Resorts, Element Hotels by Westin, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, Four Points by Sheraton, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, aloft by W Hotels, and Le Méridien Hotels.
To be eligible for the discount and other benefits, registration in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is required. Log on to the website; then use the University’s SET number (60848) to register, and establish your individual membership. The discount will be offered only to registered members of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. Travelers will be required to present their SU I.D. upon check-in at the hotel or resort.
In addition to the discount offered under this program, each Starwood Preferred Guest member will earn two Starpoints for every eligible dollar spent at participating properties. Starpoints are redeemable in any of these ways:
• Free Night Awards, offered without blackout dates;
• Flight Awards—Starpoints may be converted to over 30 major carriers;
• SPG Flights—Starpoints may be used on hundreds of airlines, including most major carriers, without blackout dates;
• Cash & Points—combine cash with Starpoints to reach your award status sooner;
• Instant Awards—Starpoints may be redeemed at hotels for massages, dinner and more;
Also at the Corporate Preferred Level, members receive:
• ability to transfer points between two accounts in the same household;
• Starpoints earned on restaurant charges if not staying at the hotel;
• upgrade to a Preferred room subject to availability;
• toll-free telephone number for program inquiries;
• weekday newspaper; late check out, as late as 4 p.m. and;
• discounted rates
If you have any questions, please e-mail or call Bonnie Townsend, Purchasing Specialist, 210 Skytop Office Building, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 443-2289