Nina Kohn, the David M. Levy L’48 Professor of Law and faculty director of online education in the College of Law, authored an op-ed for The Hill titled “It’s time to care about home care.” Kohn, an expert on elder…
Mirror Awards ceremony to be held June 13 in New York City
The annual luncheon ceremony honoring the finalists and winners in the Mirror Awards competition will be held Wednesday, June 13, from 11:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City. The awards, sponsored by Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, recognize excellence in media industry reporting. Dean Lorraine Branham will host the event. Follow on Twitter at #Mirrors12.
The ceremony will include the presentation of juried awards in seven categories:
- Best Single Article, Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Single Article, Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Profile, Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Profile, Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Commentary, Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Commentary, Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- John M. Higgins Award for Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting ($5,000 prize)
This year, the Newhouse School established the John M. Higgins Award to honor the late Broadcasting & Cable business editor. One of the most well-respected journalists of his time, Higgins died in 2006 at the age of 45. The award is supported by a gift from Discovery Communications and Time Warner Cable Inc.
The Mirror Awards are the most important awards for recognizing excellence in media industry reporting. Established by the Newhouse School in 2006, the awards honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who hold a mirror to their own industry for the public’s benefit. Finalists and winners are chosen by a group of journalists and journalism educators.