Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff: In recent days, there has been a renewed and palpable sense of energy on our campus. Many of us are feeling optimistic for the future, especially as more and more members of our community…
OrangeReport announces summer contest winners
The Division of Student Affairs has announced the four winners of the OrangeReport summer contest:
- Blog: “Scholarship in Asia,” by Katherine Smith, sophomore advertising major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
- Video: “My Summer as a Reporter,” by David Kaplan, senior broadcast and digital journalism major in the Newhouse School.
Best Report (voted by students)
- Blog: “The Haiti Mission: Connecting the Future,” by Christina Morrissey, junior industrial and interaction design major in the College of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Video: “Life is Awesome,” by Josh Frackleton, senior television, radio & film major in the Newhouse School.
Winners will receive the following opportunity at the University Lecture Series of their choice (excluding the David Sedaris lecture):
- invitation to the prestigious reception and formal dinner with the guest lecturer and other distinguished members of the University;
- VIP seating at the lecture;
- personal photo with the guest lecturer; and
- access to exclusive networking opportunities.
OrangeReport was launched in July to invite students to share with the campus community and beyond–through the social, digital media of blog and video–how they were applying their SU experiences to their summer assignments. Its mission is to empower SU students to be their own “news reporter” by creatively telling Scholarship in Action stories through multimedia platforms.
Students stationed all over the globe reported in real-time on their summer activities, from volunteer positions in Israel and Mozambique, to internships in Asia; Massachusetts; Washington, D.C.; Syracuse and more.
Seventeen students participated as OrangeReporters and a total of 30 reports were submitted. The OrangeReport website received nearly 7,000 page views and more than 650 votes.
For more information on OrangeReport, contact Jill Ouikahilo, communications director for the Division of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-8568.